Links of Interest for The Resiliency Center
Just a sample of interesting sites we've found, in alphabetical order. Quoted materials come from the site directly or from the materials submitted to us. Let us know your favorite site.
Please note that you will be leaving the ResiliencyCenter.com web site by clicking on any of the links below. Please make sure to bookmark ResiliencyCenter.com now (by control or right-clicking) for your future reference.
- New! The Survivors Club.org
- At Ben Sherwood's new website, The Survivor's Club, you can take his quiz to learn about your survivor personality style. The Survivor's Club website provides ways for survivors of all kinds of extreme experiences to connect with other kindred spirits like themselves. New information is added frequently.
- Aftermath of War
- "A safe place for all the women who have loved a wounded veteran suffering from PTSD"
- Cancer Club
- Using humor to help brighten the lives of persons with cancer.
- Dr. GROHOL's Psych Central Mental Health Resources
- One of the most highly-rated specialized indexes of mental health links around. Carries good descriptions of most linked sites.
- EQ Directory
- An online directory of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) resources on the net.
- Empower! women empowering women
- Cathy Hartt, a healthcare practitioner, has created a website (and quarterly newsletter) on women's health issues.
- Global Resiliency Network
- "A consortium of consulting professionals dedicated to expanding the understanding and application of resiliency strategies at personal, organizational and leadership levels."
- Gift from Within
- "Gift From Within, an international non-profit organization is dedicated to those who suffer post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), those at risk for PTSD and those who care for traumatized individuals. Has educational materials and support network." Also visit allied sites:
Gateway to Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Information
Violent Death Bereavement Society
- The Good Life Show (Online radio show)
- "The Good Life Show stands out as a professional, entertaining radio program that focuses on wellness without being an infomercial. The Good Life Show Radio has become a meeting place for some of the world's great leaders. They are joining Jesse Dylan in his quest to build the world's first organization specializing in maximizing human potential."
- The Infinite Mind Special Report: Resilience
- Report derived from interview with Dr. Al Siebert and others on Dr. Fred Goodwin's National Public Radio show.
- Motivational Mecca
- A site hosted by Josh Hinds containing quotes, stories, links and a search engine for online motivational sites.
- Life Treks
- "Assist those wanting to understand and benefit from the gifts in dreams."
- New Civilization Network
- "Linking the people who change the world."
- International Network on Personal Meaning
- A collection of articles and resources. "The INPM is dedicated to advancing health, spirituality, peace and human fulfillment through research, education and applied psychology with a focus on the universal human quest for meaning and purpose."
- New Heaven New Earth
- David Sunfellow's Sedonanet. "Your contact point for individuals, organizations, information, and fast-breaking news all over the world that are seeking to give birth to a new way of life on our planet." Offers a nice interface with good information.
- The Option Institute
- "Providing instruction on how to live happier, more loving, and successful lives for the past 15 years."
- Project Resilience
- "Based in Washington, D.C., Project Resilience offers training and products for professionals in education, treatment, and prevention based on a strengths-based philosophy of solving mental issues."
- Quest-4: The Pursuit of Successful Living
- "What does it take to be successful? How do you find balance and fulfillment in your life? While the journey is complete, the quest is far from over. Travel with us through interviews and stories gathered during the trip and search for your own meaning of success." Check out their Insights section.
- The Performance Center
- Transforming knowledge into results with value based leadership.
- The Rainbow Institute
- "Work with a talented clairvoyant on setting and obtaining goals, coaching, spiritual healing, psychic readings, self improvement, and integrative wellness techniques. Rainbow Institute also works with corporate clients"
- Re-evaluation Counseling (*note server 'timed out' during loading, Feb 2009)
- Re-evaluation Counseling is a process whereby people of all ages and of all backgrounds can learn how to exchange effective help with each other in order to free themselves from the effects of past distress experiences.
- Resiliency in Action
- "Bouncing Back from Risk and Adversity; Ideas for Youth, Families and Communities."
- Roger Crawford
- author of How High Can You Bounce?
- Sacred Transformations
- "Stories have power. We shape our world through our stories. Each of our stories is unique and yet speaks of themes common to all of us. Through time we will be posting accounts of exceptional human experiences. These stories range from the extraordinary - near-death experiences, mystical experiences, spiritual emergencies, ufo abductions - to those seemingly more ordinary - psychic events, synchronicities, meaningful dreams. What all these exceptional human experiences have in common is their ability to transform."
- Second Chance to Live
- "Second Chance to Live presents information in such a way to encourage, motivate and empower the reader to experience life with zest, meaning and purpose because our circumstances are not meant to keep us down, but they are meant to build us up!"
- Self-Help Psychology Magazine
- "Articles on numerous topics; Self-help Book Reviews, Movie Reviews and Software Reviews for parents; Questions & Answers written by Professionals; an Interactive Corner for your participation; Cartoons for your enjoyment; Links, Lists, and Newsgroups spanning mental-health sites across the globe; Professional information and services, and much more."
- Seeker Magazine: Mission Statement
- "Seeker is a magazine written and driven by the voice of ordinary people, with their own extraordinary input. Seeker is highly interactive, offering the reader a chance to become part of the content. We will be relying on our audience to add their own voices to the Seeker 'song,' by taking advantage of the myriad options provided to reply. "
- Serendip Home Page
- "Serendip is a gathering place for people who suspect that life's instructions are always ambiguous and incomplete....Serendip is both a forum and a continually developing set of resources to support intellectual and social change in education... and in how one makes sense of life."
- Survivor Guidelines.org
- Our partner site with valuable information on surviving after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 (or any other traumatic event).
- Our sister site based on Al Siebert's first book The Survivor Personality.
- Transforming Lives through Resilience Education
- Brought to you by Dr. Mary A. Steinhardt at the University of Texas.
- Viktor Frankl Institute - Vienna
- "The Viktor Frankl Institute is a non-profit scientific society for Logotherapy and Existential Analysis. It is the task of the Viktor Frankl Institute to foster the lifetime work of Viktor Frankl and to provide access to authentic information about Logotherapy and Existential Analysis." Institute founded by Dr. Frankl's widow and daughter.
- Wake up to Success
- Allen Hunkin's Internet radio show on Success-talk.com
- What You Say Is What You Get
- "Helping leaders and consultants implement change faster, easier, and more successfully. Specialists in deeply positive approaches to organizational crisis and healing." from Dr. Linne Bourget.
- The Way of Adventure
- Brought to you by Jeff Salz, author of The Way of Adventure
© The Resiliency Center